HOW TO APPLY
1: Email Wildflowersplayschool@gmail.com for a parent packet and enrollment forms or download from the website below.
2: Read Parent Packet, make sure our philosophy and schedule work for your family.
3: Ask questions you have! Feel free to do this over email, phone or schedule an in person meeting. Feel free to schedule a visit day at our school with you and your child.
4: If you decide you would like to enroll your child, please submit the enrollment form, agreement to pay form, and a nonrefundable $60 registration fee
5: Within 4 days that I receive your enrollment form I will confirm whether or not your child has a place in the program.
5. Submit the rest of the paperwork and forms via mail or in person along with your first month's tuition payment. I will let you know what that amount is based on your paperwork.
6. Apply for Subsidy if eligible through Windham Childcare Association
Child Care Subsidy Program offered through Windham Childcare. This wonderful program pays a portion of your child’s tuition based on financial information. For an application call 802-254-5332 and ask for subsidy application. Or stop by their office at 130 Birge Street, Brattleboro, VT.
This year we don’t have any other financial aid options. We are hoping in the future to offer scholarships through fundraising and work exchange as well as work towards being able to receive Act 62 funding (“Collaborative Copay”). We are a new school and not eligible to receive the funding.
For the 2016-2017 School Year
3 days: Sliding Scale $3020-3860 Plus Collective Work
4 days: Sliding Scale $3537-4847 Plus Collective Work
Tuition is due in 9 installments.
The first payment is Sept 1st; the last is on May 1st.
Any payments received after the 10th of the month will be charged a $15 late fee. If money is not received by the 20th of a month, the child will be asked to not participate in school until payment is complete.
(Note: tuition does not include the $50 enrollment fee)
LATE PICK UP FEES
If you are 10 minutes late or more, you will be charge $5 every 10 minutes that you are late. These fees will be added to your monthly tuition bill.
AFTERCARE 12:30PM - 3:00PM
The cost for each day of aftercare is:
$645 for one day
$1290 for two days
$1935 for three days
$2450 for all four days.
Drop in charge will be $8 an hour.
We are a small program and base our budget upon enrollment, so it is very important to have good communication if you decide to withdraw your child. You must give at least 1-month notice and will be responsible for any tuition payments that fall within that month. (For instance, if you say on November 15 that you will be withdrawing on December 15th, you will still owe December 1st tuition payment in full) Starting March 1st tuition for the rest of the year is non-refundable. If you choose to withdraw your child on March 1st or later you will be still be expected to pay the rest of your annual tuition.
We will not refund or make up for snow days, or illness of a child. If in the rare and unlikely situation school has to be closed because no substitute is available and the teacher is out sick, families will be obligated to pay for a maximum of 3 days.
As tuition alone does not cover all work and money needed to support a school there will be some required work from parents. This includes each of these 5 requirements:
1) Attendance by at least one family member to each of the two required works days (one for the community center to keep our rent low, and one for our school).
2) Active participation in a fundraising event (pre-event supply gathering, shift at the event, set up, clean up).
3) Choose at least 2 jobs from our cleaning list. I can email you the available choices but examples are: Taking the school laundry, vacuum classroom once a month, clear snow off our steps, wash our windows, help make a brochure, etc.
4) Choose at least 1 organizing job. Examples are being on our fundraising committee, organizing a work day, organizing a parent meeting, etc.
5) Each family will be asked to contribute these supplies towards our communal yearly supplies:
-3 rolls of toilet paper
-2 roll of paper towels
-1 container of natural hand soap
-1 box of tissues
-1 50lb bag of play sand
-One cloth hand towel labeled for your child
(total approximate cost: $20)
These items will need to be brought to school the first day.